Friday, October 10, 2008

We Made IT!!

Hi Sara, Evan, Angelo, Ellie, Daisy and Darla!!
Well, after a full 24 hours we finally made it to Auntie's (my sister) on LI at 2:30 am on Friday (today). We used the GPS and the darned thing took us thru Manhattan and the tunnels instead of the bridges so that took some extra time. And the hour we just sat in traffic outside of Washington, DC didn't help either. We stopped in Savannah, GA and got to see Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady & Sons. It was 8:30 am when we got there and you have to wait on line so that at 9:30 you can make a reservation for 11am (the earliest you can go) to spend $13.99 on a buffet. We didn't stay. But Wes got some pics.


Nevertheless, we made it. Auntie had our room set up or us....she even left us some bottled water!! The Ceravino Inn...it was very nice. It was also nice to have that breeze coming in the window....good sleeping weather. Of course, I was shivering when I woke up this morning...but it still felt good.
Today we had lunch with Aunt Pat (my best friend). She looks great and she told me she and Jim are coming to Orlando in Feb!!! YEAH!!! At least it won't be so long between visits for us. I showed her all sorts of pics of Ellie and she said it was like seeing Sara when she was a baby!
The leaves have started turning on LI but not too many on Auntie's block....but here is one pic that I took from the car out on the highway.











It is now 5:30 pm and I am waiting for Auntie to get home. We are going to have dinner and then I am going to do my nails...maybe Auntie's also. So I will be sending you the new link for tomorrow's post...hope you all are doing good!!

No comments: